Prof. Anat Loewenstein
Head of the Ophthalmology Department Souraski Medical Center (Ihilov), Tel-Aviv.
Specialist in retina disease.
• Age-related macular degeneration (especially early detection).
• Diabetic retinopathy and retinal vein occlusion.
• Intraocular injections.
• Vitreous and retinal surgery.
• Laser surgery.
Areas of research:
1. Early detection of the disease, especially its active phase, treatment of the disease before significant problem.
2. Study of new drugs toxicity for retinal diseases treatment.
3. Study of the effectiveness of new treatment methods.
1978-1984 – School of Medicine, Hebrew University, Ein Karem, Jerusalem.
1985-1994 – Master in ophthalmology, School of Continuing Education, Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
1998-2001 – Master of Management and Administration in the Healthcare System. School of Business Administration Recanati, Tel Aviv.
Courses 1996-1997 – study abroad: training (two years) in the department of ophthalmology and surgical diseases of the retina and vitreous humor, John Hopkins Hospital in the United States.
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical Center Ichilov, Tel-Aviv.
1984 – The Beilinson Clinic.
1988-1993 – internship in ophthalmology, Tel Aviv Medical Center (Ichilov).
1993-1995 – Senior Physician Tel Aviv Medical Center.
1997-1998 – Deputy director of the department of retina and vitreous diseases, Tel Aviv Medical Center.
2000 – Director of the Ophthalmology Department, Souraski Tel Aviv Medical Center.
• Israeli Medical Associations
• Israeli Ophthalmology Society
• The Israeli Society for Research
• Association for Vision and Ophthalmology Research (ARVO)
• American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
• American Society of Retinal Experts (ASRS)
• Society for the Study of Vitreous Diseases
• Society for the Study of Macular Diseases.
• Association of Clinical Research Practice, Club Jules Gonen.
• National Council of Surgery, Anesthetics and Intensive Care.
• European Society of Ophthalmology (Israeli representative)
• Member of the Board of the Israeli Society of the retina.
Prof. Loewenstein is editor in chief of thematic reports in ophthalmology, Retina, European Eye Review, European Journal of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmologica, Graefes Archives of Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology.
Should you have any question please contact us by email: email@example.com or fill out the application form.
We will contact you as soon as possible.