Oral and maxillofacial surgeon is a specialist who performs dental operations related to problems and diseases of the gums, teeth, oral cavity, maxillofacial joints and tissues. In some cases, these problems are cosmetic, while in others they require reconstructive surgery or replacement of teeth with implants.
We work with leading maxillofacial surgeons in Israel who have undergone specialized training and have many years of practice in general surgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, otolaryngology (ear, throat, nose) and plastic surgery.
Problems requiring examination by a maxillofacial surgeon, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, may include facial injuries, skeletal deformities correction, injuries of the temporomandibular joint (ANS),oral cavity cancer, head and neck cancer, as well as craniofacial injuries.
Leading Israeli maxillofacial surgeons:
Prof. Dan Fliss
Head of the ENT Department, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Oncology, Sourasky Medical Center (Ichilov).
Dr. Yoav Leiser
Head of the Maxillofacial Surgery Laboratory at the Rambam Hospital. Specialist in maxillofacial and oral cavity surgery. Expert in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery, senior physician of the Assuta Hospital
Dr. Zeevi Itai
– Senior physician in the Department for Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, Hadassah Medical Center. Specialist in tooth extractions, pre-rehabilitation treatments (pre-prosthetic), dental implants, bone grafting (augmentation), sinus lifting, extraction of a trapped wisdom tooth, exposure and eruption of incarcerated teeth, smoothing ridges, crown lengthening, pathological lesions in the oral cavity and jaws, pathologies of salivary glands, orthogenetic surgeries.
Dr. Reiser Vadim
Specialist in surgery Oral and Maxillofacial, Beilinson Hospital.
Dr. Schwartz Arad
– Specialist for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Specialist in wisdom teeth extractions, surgical extractions, bone grafting – augmentation, sinus floor lift, salivary glands treatment, dental implants, cysts and lesions in the oral cavity, TMJ jaw joints treatment, sunken upper / lower jaw, prominent upper / lower jaw, chin surgeries – asymmetry, chin sculpting, face asymmetry correction, inverted/improper bite, smile that reveals gums correction.
Tumors and Mouth Cancer Surgery
Dr. Yahalom Ran
– Director of the Department for Oral, Facial and Maxillofacial Surgery and Mouth Surgery, Sheba Medical Center Tel Hashomer. Specialist in benign and cancer tumors of the oral cavity, craniosynostosis, trauma to the facial bones, surgical extractions, implants, bone grafts and sinus lifting, pre-rehabilitation surgery, episectomy, biopsies, minimal surgeries under local anesthesia, professional opinions, legal opinions for courts.
Dr. Dori Shay
– Specialist in Oral Surgery and Jaws. Dental implants, bone implants and dislocations, tooth extractions and tooth exposures, bone grafts, dental implants, dental treatments under anesthesia, treatment of soft tissue lesions and biopsies.
Dr. Rosen Doron
– Head of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Unit. Specialist in oncology of the oral cavity and nerves reconstruction, Meir Medical Center. Implants and extractions.
Prof. Mazor Ziv – Specialist in oral rehabilitation and dental aesthetics, porcelain teeth coatings, dental implants, bone grafting (and bone building – regeneration), sinus lifting.
Dr. Shuster Amir
– Senior doctor in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Unit, ENT, Head and Neck surgeries Department, Mouth and Jaws Surgery, Tel Aviv Medical Center, Ichilov. Expert in oral and maxillofacial surgery, all types of complex extractions (including trapped wisdom teeth), dental implants, orthodontic surgical treatments (exposing trapped teeth and installing orthodontic implants), bone grafts, including advanced techniques and materials, biopsies of jaws and soft tissues of the oral cavity, consultation and diagnosis of lesions in the oral cavity and jawbones.
TMJ jaw joint
Dr. Alon Dror
– Specialist in Ortho – Surgery and Facial Surgery, TMJ joint and Jaw surgeries, sleep apnea, Assuta hospital Tel Aviv.
Dr. Gabul Navot
– Head of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department, Soroka Medical Center. Specialist in salivary gland tumors, treatment of difficulty of opening the mouth, dental implants.
Dr. Abhoud Waseem
– Doctor at the Movement Disorders Institute, Sheba Tel Hashomer Medical Center. Oral and maxillofacial surgeon. Areas: pain in the jaw joint, restriction in opening the mouth treatment, deviation of the jaws and facial asymmetry, locking the jaw joint, inflammation of the jaw, arthroscopy of the jaw, orthogenetic surgery, condylar hyperplasia, condylectomy surgery, gummy smile treatment, botox (botulinum toxin), overgrowth of the chewing muscles, dislocation of the jaw, bruxism (teeth clenching and grinding), myofascial pain in the face and neck area.
Dr. Shlomi Binyamin
– Head of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Unit, Nose, Ear, Throat and Head, Neck, Mouth and Jaws Surgery, Tel Aviv Medical Center (Ichilov). Expert for oral and maxillofacial surgery.
Dr. Frankel Boaz
– Senior physician in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Rambam Medical Center.
Facial pain treatment
Dr. Gabish Anat
– Consultant. Doctor responsible for facial and jaw pain area at the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Unit, Beilinson. Specialist in facial and jaw pain, functional disorders in the jaw joints, treatment of sleep apnea, treatment of snoring.
Dr. Winocur Ephraim
– Lecturer and Expert for Facial and Jaw Pain, a therapist at the Facial and Jaw Pain Institute. Treatment of pains from source: chewing muscles, nerve origin, teeth grinding/clenching or jaw joint disorder. Treatment of apnea using a special dental device, teeth bite problems following dental treatment, limitation in opening the mouth due to damage to the jaw joints or chewing muscles, noises emanating from the joints of the jaws, bruxism: grinding of teeth (due to grinding during sleep), pain due to clenching of teeth while sleeping or awake.
Dr. Cohen Adir
– Senior doctor at the Arthritis Center, Hadassah Ein Kerem Medical Center. Specialist in trauma cysts and tumors in the jaws, jaw joint surgeries, surgical teeth extractions, bone building and sinus lifting, dental implants.
Dr. Shoshani Yitzhak
– Senior doctor in the Department of Oral Surgery and Jaws, Sheba Medical Center. Specialist in periodontology, bone grafts, fixed prostheses, temporary crown, temporary prostheses, teeth straightening, dental implants.
Dr. Emodi Omri
– Senior physician, Director of the Department of Oral Surgery and Jaws, Rambam Medical Center. Specialist in dental implants, problem of missing bone for dental implants, sinus lifting, bone building, lesions in the oral cavity, orthogenetic surgeries (changing the position of the jaws)
Prof. Seltzer Raphael
– Former Manager of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Unit at the Hadassah Medical Center. Expert in oral and maxillofacial surgery and birth defects surgery. Specialist in benign tumors and cysts in the mouth and jaws, cyst surgeries in complicated locations with risks, tumors and trapped wisdom teeth on the main nerve of the jaw and inside the sinus in adults and children, surgical extractions of excess teeth in babies, children and adults.
Prof. Calderon Shlomo
– Chairman of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Tel Aviv University, former Director Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Rabin Medical Center. Specialist in aesthetic surgeries, oral and maxillofacial surgery, wisdom teeth extractions, dental implants, locked teeth exposing.