Dr. Dror Levin
Head of the pediatric Hemato-Oncology Unit at Sourasky Hospital (Ichilov), Tel Aviv. Coordinator of oncology treatment in bone and soft tissue cancer in children. Senior pediatrician at the Pediatric Hospital.
Deputy Director of the Hematology Oncology Department at Dana Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Levin works in cooperation with the National Department of Orthopedic Oncology. He also coordinates the field of coagulation disorders, sickle cell anemia, neonatal and premature neonatal diseases at Dana Hospital.
Over 25 years of practicing medicine.
Dr. Dror Levin is Head of the Israeli Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Forum at several online sites.
Principal Areas of Dr. Dror Levin’s activity:
• The full range of pediatric cancers with an emphasis on solid tumors. Focusing on bone cancer and soft tissue (sarcoma) – Ewing sarcoma, osteosarcoma and rhabdomyosarcoma. Acquired and metastatic bone failure states.
Most advanced research in genetics, molecular biology, and cell biology, which become everyday tools for treating patients with children tumors and sarcoma. Recent studies combine specific immunological therapy (which affects the immune system) with other patients as an additional tool to treat and cure this disease.
Since 2012, special immunological treatment has been initiated in Israel to prevent the appearance of metastasis. This unique treatment is given without the side effects of chemotherapy and the ability to make a special contribution to the treatment of patients.
• Non-malignant blood diseases: anemia, numerical and qualitative disorders in white blood cells (leukocytes) with an emphasis on neutropenia, decreased white blood cell count in children. Numerical and platelet disorders (thrombocytopenia).
• Enlarged lymph nodes from the bone and not malignant.
• Thromboembolic diseases and coagulation. Conditions of bleeding and deficient conditions in the clotting system. Pre-operative coagulation consultation and dental operations. Coagulation consultation in special cases of patients and use of birth control pills.
• Providing hematologic consultation for unique blood diseases among infants and premature babies from the angular anomalies to coagulation problems in infants.
• Problems with glands and spleen.
- – Graduated from Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.
– Specializations in Pediatrics, Caplan Hospital, Rehovot.
– Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Schneider Children’s Hospital, Petah Tikva.
– BA in Health Sciences.
– Medical Management Course, Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv.
– Training course in Bone and Soft Tissue Oncology at one of the largest and leading centers in this field in the world – Italy – Rizzoli Bologna Ortopedia Pediatrica.
- – Graduate of the Pathology of Bone and Soft Tissues of MSKCC IOR (Musculoskeletal Tumor Pathology and Clinical Oncology).
He was awarded the President’s Prize for excellence in medical studies.
Belonging to unions:
♦ Member of the Israeli Association of Pediatric Hemato-Oncology.
♦ Member of the Board of the The Israeli Society of Clinical Pediatrics.
♦ Member of the European Association of Musculoskeletal Oncology (EMSOS).
♦ Member of the Board of the Israel Society of Pediatric Hematology.
♦ Member of the Israeli Association of Thrombosis and Coagulation Problems.
Personal Information: Dr. Dror Levin is married and has five children.
• Military service in a variety of field positions and as a military doctor.
• Graduate of the battalion commander course.
• A lieutenant colonel in the reserves, as commander of a medical battalion.
• Volunteer at Ichud Hatzala branch in Rehovot. Vice Chairman of the Medical Committee of the Organization.
Dr. Levin’s credo.
” My consultation clinic was founded out of faith and a desire to provide quality, special and uncompromising medical services. The clinic is a place where professionalism and humanity meet and enable me to provide high quality medicine.
I believe that the sick child is at the center of action.
The basis for a good medical service is professional medical knowledge and extensive experience, as there is no substitute for years of medical learning and practice.
I believe that good interpersonal communication, the ability to explain, guide questions, and support the patient and his family is the real key to success and recovery.
My clinic is a place where the patient of every age (infant, child, adolescent, young adult) and his family find a pleasant environment, friendly and appropriate to the special needs of each patient.
I believe that a smile, a good word, and an optimistic attitude as a way of life is the key to dealing with situations of crisis and anxiety.
Should you have any question please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the application form.
We will contact you as soon as possible.