Professor Ehud Raanani
Head of Cardiothoracic Surgery Department, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel. Heart and chest surgery. Bypass surgery, heart valve surgery, complex aortic surgery, aneurysm, minimally invasive valve surgery, and MAZE atrial fibrillation.
Specialist in cardiothoracic surgery. Graduate of the Medical Faculty at Tel Aviv University. He was trained in the field of cardiothoracic surgery and thoracic surgery at the Rabin Medical Center.
1998-2000 professor passed clinical internship in the field of cardiac surgery under the supervision of Professor David Teyrona at the University of Toronto. Training in manipulating aortic aneurysms and treatment of complex diseases of the heart valves.
On his return to Israel prof. Raanani founded surgical center for the treatment of aortic aneurysms at Rabin Medical Center.
Fields of expertise:
- • Bypass surgery with and without a heart-lung machine.
- • Aorta repair or replacement.
- • Repair and replacement of the aortic valve.
- • Repair and replacement of the mitral valve.
- • Repair and replacement of the tricuspid valve.
- • MAZE surgery for atrial fibrillation.
- • MAZE surgery combined with other cardiac surgery procedures (bypasses, replacement or repair of valves and others)
- • Myectomy
- • Cardiac and thoracic tumors, such as myxoma.
- • Minimally invasive heart surgery.
- • Complex heart surgery.
Prof. Raanani teaches at Tel Aviv University. He is the author of numerous articles and research in the field of medicine and cardiac surgery, which have been published both in Israel and abroad. He also leads clinical and laboratory research in the field of cardiac surgery.
Responsible for many clinical and laboratory studies in cardiac surgery.
Membership in professional communities:
Israel Heart and Chest Surgery Association.
Publications and articles:
Publication of numerous articles in local and international literature and chapters in the literature of cardiac surgery.