Why tourists travel to Israel for medical treatment?
It is a known fact that Israel is among the preferred destination for tourists seeking medical treatment.
There are few facts that are the drive behind this phenomenon:
- 1. Top Quality of Israeli Medicine.
- 2. Ongoing most advanced leading research combined with constant clinical trials.
- 3. High trained and educated physicians with Western medicine, most of them with further higher education making them experts and super-specialist in their narrow filed of expertise.
- 4. Qualification and certification of Israeli doctors tightly regulated by the Ministry of Health.
- 5. Affordable cost of treatment.
In addition to the quality and cost there are also other important factors as follows:
- Israel is easy to access from all over the world and usually flexible for entry for tourists visiting for genuine medical treatments.
- Israelis speak many languages. English, Russian and many others.
- Israel welcomes tourists.
Top Quality of Medicine
- ♦ Israel ranks 4th globally in health care efficiency – In a new ranking of countries with the most efficient health care, Israel came in fourth, while the US ranked — behind Iran — in 46th position. The data was compiled by Bloomberg, and countries were ranked based on three criteria: life expectancy; relative per capita cost of health care (percentage of GDP per capita); and the absolute per capita cost of health care (expenditures covering preventive and curative services, family planning, nutrition and emergency aid). (https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-ranks-4th-globally-in-health-care-efficiency/)
- ♦ Israel’s emergency medical response team has been recognized by the United Nations as the “No. 1 in the world” (https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Israels-medical-response-team-receives-highest-ranking-by-United-Nations-472500)
- ♦ World Health Day: Israel Ranked 9th Healthiest Country. The Bloomberg Global Health Index gives Israel an overall “health score” of 92.47, based on factors such as quality of care, access to doctors, number of hospital beds, availability of medication, and life expectancy. (https://nocamels.com/2017/04/world-health-day-israel-healthiest/)
Ongoing most advanced leading research combined with constant clinical trials.
In Israel there are many worldwide known Medical research centers. Some of the research centers are detailed below:
- • Endocrine immunology
- • Molecular immunology
- • Pediatric Immunology
- • Clinical immunology and cancer research
- • Cellular Immunology
- • Endocrinology and juvenile diabetes
- • Genetic biochemistry
- • Biochemistry and Pharmacology of Cancer
- • Biology of cancerous tumors
- • Molecular genetics
- • Molecular genetics of tumors in children
- • Hormones Regulate calcium and bone
- • Torches in the cell membrane
- • Eye research
- • Hematology and oncology in older children
- • Experimental hematology
- • Propane metabolism
- • Liver research
- • The study of the heart
- • Diabetes Research
- • Bile research and blood fats
- • Neurosciences
- • Infectious diseases in children
- • Biological psychiatry
- • Cardiology
- • Cellular and molecular cardiology
- • Rheumatology
- • Regenerative medicine
- • Research Center for Autoimmune Diseases
- • Research Center for Psychiatric and Dementia
- • Advanced Technology Center
- • Cancer Research Center
- • Regenerative Medicine Research Center
- • Lipid Research Center
- • The Multiple Sclerosis Research Center
- • Tissue Bank – Research and Development Biomedical Tools
Israel is also flexible in using new (not yet approved) protocols in order to expedite the cure of hard sicknesses such as cancer. Many of the treatment used in Israel that are yielding high positive results and are used before they are approved by the FDA (Federal drug Administration in the USA) due to the long process used in America for new protocols of treatments.
High trained and educated doctors
Many of Israel’s physicians and health practitioners have emigrated from America and European countries and are well-trained and adept in Western medicine and procedures. Most Israeli medical practitioners put a high emphasis on further education, usually in Medical centers in the USA and Europe making them specialist in very narrow fields. In many fields of medicine the top experts are known as worldwide leaders and their systems are used by many colleagues worldwide. In many cases a tourist is directed to Israel by a specialist doctor from his home country.
Qualification and certification of doctors tightly regulated by the Ministry of Health
Medical Doctors are approved only after passing long years of school and university and taught exams. Doctors who immigrated to Israel from other countries will be able to practice as medical doctors only after passing exams.
Higher Medical education is mandatory in order to parctise as Medical expert in a certain filed. Additional tests and on the job training will be mandatory.
Affordable cost of treatment
Cost of treatment in Israel is lower than in most Western countries including the USA. Compared to the quality of medicine and high success rate one can define the cost as a very high value for money.