Hematology Institute – Assuta Hospital
The Hematology Department of Assuta Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel, provides a comprehensive professional solution in all areas of hematology, including the diagnosis and treatment of hematologic malignant tumors, benign hematologic diseases, blood diseases, histiocytosis and blood coagulation problems.
Treatment of all forms of leukemia (acute and chronic) and lymphoma (Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin’s), multiple myeloma, bone marrow transplantation, leukemia immunotherapy, lymphoma immunotherapy, multiple myeloma immunotherapy in Israel.
The department includes a hematology clinic, a hospitalization department and a day hospitalization unit. Hematology department provides a therapeutic solution for all hematological problems, including bone marrow transplantation.
Here, also, a unique clinic for the diagnosis and treatment of histiocytosis was recently created.
The uniqueness of the Institute of Hematology is that it provides our patients with additional value:
• Availability. Our patients get access to consultations of the leading Israeli hematologists, including the head of the department.
• Quick diagnosis. Diagnosis within 72 hours, including bone marrow biopsy, lymph node biopsy and PET scan.
• Multidisciplinary solution. A comprehensive response based on the conclusion of several specialists, which saves our patients from having to visit various medical institutions for several weeks and months.
• New quality treatment experience. Nursing and administrative staff works according to the standards of professional and quality service. Preparation of the team for the treatment of the patient starts even before his arrival in Israel. Our patients have the possibility of direct hospitalization without the need to enter the emergency department.
During and after the treatment, the qualified medical staff of the Assuta hematology department accompanies our patients throughout the process, showing personal involvement, respect and sensitivity to their needs. After discharge, we continue to monitor our patients remotely along with staff members of hematology department.
Head of the Hematology Department of the Assuta – Prof. Ofer Spielberg. He is also a professor at the Ariel University Medical School.
Ten years before the opening of the department of hematology in Assuta, he founded and managed the hematology department at the Beilinson, Davidoff Center.
The Department of Hematology specializes in the following areas:
• Diagnosis and treatment of hematologic malignant neoplasms;
• Diagnosis and treatment of benign hematologic diseases;
• Diagnosis and treatment of blood diseases and blood clotting problems;
• Diagnosis and treatment of histiocytosis;
• Bone marrow transplantation.
Bone marrow transplantation
Department of hemato-oncology Assuta performs bone marrow transplantation for our patients from abroad.
Treatment is given to patients suffering from various hematological malignancies in order to increase the duration of remission of such diseases as multiple myeloma or T-lymphoma, as well as with relapses of lymphoma or Hodgkin’s disease, after reaching the second remission.
The implantation process includes a preliminary diagnosis of the patient and a series of complex tests to determine its suitability for implantation.
At the next stage, peripheral blood cells are collected and stored in deep freezing in liquid nitrogen until the date of implantation.
The process of chemotherapy and transplantation is carried out in the department of hemato-oncology. All our patients undergo professional treatment according to the highest standards, including individual supervision by a team of special doctors, a multidisciplinary team of consultants and experienced nursing staff.
After implantation, patients continue to hematological observation in outpatient clinics and the day hospital department of Assuta’s hematology department.
Specialists of the hemato-oncology department of Assuta:
Prof. Ofer Spielberg is Director of the Hematology Department at the Assuta/
Prof. Ella Naparstek – The main clinical practice of the professor in the field of malignant hematological diseases (leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma), bone marrow transplantation and cancer immunotherapy.
Prof. Michael Shapira – Over the years, Prof. Shapira has developed methods for the treatment of hematological diseases in elderly patients with the help of innovative drugs, special drugs or local treatment.
Dr. Sigal Tavor – Specialist in the field of treating patients with benign hematologic diseases and malignant tumors, such as acute and chronic leukemia, myeloproliferative diseases, myelodysplastic syndrome, multiple myeloma and lymphomas.
Dr. Roy Mazor received a Diploma in Saclair Medical School from Tel Aviv University and is currently participating in ongoing research to obtain a doctorate in Immunology and Molecular Biology from the Higher School of the Weizmann Institute. His research focuses on the scientific basis of individual immunotherapy, a micro-environment and an immune response mediated by antibodies in cancer.