Professor Moshe Pappa
Breast surgeon, surgeon-oncologist, head of the breast surgery department at the Assuta Medical Center, Tel Aviv.
Professor Moshe Pappa is one of the best Israeli specialists in the treatment of breast diseases, the developer of new technologies in breast surgery and oncology. In his practice he uses a multisystem therapeutic approach throughout the entire process of examination and treatment.
- Examination of breast diseases.
- Surgery on the breast to remove loomps and tumors (lymphoma).
- Removal of malignant tumors in combination with intraoperative irradiation.
- Removal of sentinel lymph nodes in the armpit
- Laparoscopic lymph node dissection.
- Extensive breast removal with the preservation of the aesthetics – breast plastic surgery.
- Radical mastectomy with breast reconstruction.
- New and advanced technologies using in surgical practice.
- MhD, Medical Sackler Faculty, Tel Aviv University.
- Internship at the US National Institute of Health (NIH).
Clinical experience – over 25 years
- Specialization in surgery at the Mount Sinai Medical Complex, New York, USA.
- Specialization in surgery at the University of Toronto.
- 1991-2002 – breast surgeon at Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer.
- 2002-2012 – Head of the Surgery Department at Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer.
- 2012 – Head of the Breast Surgery Department at Assuta Medical Center, Tel-Aviv
Research and scientific activities
Professor Moshe Pappa is involved in advanced clinical and scientific research in the field of breast diseases. He himself and co-authored more than 110 studies, directed at the treatment of breast diseases, early detection and treatment of breast cancer. His publications can be found in the journals such as Archives of Surgery, Annals of Surgery, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Surgical Endoscopy, and others. Professor Pappa works with well-known clinicians and oncologists around the world, including prof. Chaim Gutman, prof. Ofer Yusepovich, Moshe Friedman and others.
Participation in professional organizations
- Member of the Expert and Ethics Commissions at the Israeli Ministry of Health.
- Leader of the Israel Breast Specialists Program.
- Member of the Editorial Board at the Journal of Surgical Oncology.
- Expert at National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Secretary of the Association of Genetic Technologies in Oncology.